We’ve posted our 9th episode over at Math for Primates on Partial Orderings.
Here’s the breakdown of our discussion
- What’s wrong with the “medal count” ordering in the Olympics?
- Is it really all that surprising that Canada is good at Curling?
- quasi ordering vs partial ordering vs total ordering – who cares?
- Nick, leave the carrots out of this!
- Dealing with our Daddy issues with an ancestor semi-lattice
- Are you your own ancestor?
- For that matter, is a sandwich equal to 5 dollars?
- Discovering the quasi-order of joy-points